What is this service?
The Bond Board is a homeless charity. Our mission is to alleviate the problems of sustainability, standards and access to the private rented sector amongst people on low incomes and state benefits who are threatened with losing their homes, homeless or inadequately housed.
We work with the most disadvantaged and excluded households who are often prevented from accessing mainstream options, such as social housing.
Our services include:
- Written Bond Guarantees for those who are homeless/threatened with homelessness in lieu of a cash deposit for a private rented tenancy.
- Floating support for private rented tenancies to support tenancy sustainment and homelessness prevention
- A social letting agency, Letting Out, which provides affordable, shared, private rented tenancies for young people which are managed by The Bond Board.
- Crisis intervention support for private rented tenants.
- Support for private landlords to manage their tenancies appropriately and act within the law.
- Specialist level Welfare Rights advice and casework
- 1-1 support and group work for young people with issues such as housing, training and employment, via our Progression Coach.
- Community workshops and events for private rented tenants and the homeless, covering issues such as housing options, health, finances and budgeting.
- Intensive support and welfare rights advice for the most excluded households in crisis with complex needs, in partnership with Petrus.
- A Peer Research project, enabling service users to get involved in researching the barriers and issues they and their peers face and how they cope and move on in a crisis.
- Partnership work with the Local Authority to bring empty private properties back into use.
- From April 18-a Door to Door, online, used furniture recycling scheme led by service user volunteers.
Who is it for?
Those aged 18 or over, including singles, couples, sharers and families with a local connection to Rochdale who are: - Homeless or threatened with homelessness. - Private rented tenants in need of support or advice.209-211 Bury Rd OL114EE Rochdale United Kingdom
Services By Type
Training & Employment
Welfare & Benefits